I think. Or at least safer.
I’m going to be posting this message both on the forumÂ andÂ my blog just to make sure everyone sees it. I think I’ve solved some of the Reader Network forum security problems, but if those fixes don’t work we may still have to consider finding another forum program if we want to continue this little project. Okay, in the last hour or so, I’ve:
- updated to a newer version of phpBB2
- reset the board to being active
- while setting all forums to private, however
- set everyone’s individual emails to not showing just as a precaution
- and set everyone already registered to being allowed access to all forums (necessary because they’re all now private)
So, if anyoneÂ was previously registered they should be able to access the forums again.Â Anyone new, however,Â should not be able to access either the forums or the emails on the membership list untilÂ I personally activate their membership.
If you were previously registered but can’t access things, post your id here and I’ll check. If you can’t remember your id, I’ll check to see what I can find since I know most of you. Otherwise you can simply re-register and we’ll sort it out later.
We shall see if this works.
Filed under: Uncategorized